Latest News

Showing posts with label Ole Solskjaer. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Ole Solskjaer. Show all posts
23:22

EPL: Ole Solskjaer reveals next move after Manchester United sack




Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who was sacked as Manchester United manager early today, has revealed his next move.


Solskjaer said he would spend some time with his family following his dismissal as Man United manager.


Daily post reports that Man United sacked Solskjaer on Sunday morning following the club’s away English Premier League 4-1 defeat to Watford on Saturday evening.


When asked what is next for him after his sack, Solskjaer told Man United’s official website on Sunday, “I’ll spend some time with my family.

“That’s been probably the most difficult part, through the pandemic, with Norway being open and here being closed, my family moved back to Norway and the young one, he loves it back there, so we’ve lived apart.


“So, I’ll spend some time with them. Then, I’ll watch the team, of course, and hopefully, the next manager comes in and I want to support him.”

He added, “I’m one hundred percent sure to create a football environment. That’s where I’m good at and at some point, I’ll probably be back [working in football].” Dailypost

23:00

EPL: Ronaldo shocked at Man Utd squad after Solskjaer’s sacking




Manchester United forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, feels his teammates want things “too easy” and is shocked about the club’s drop in standards that he has experienced since his return.


Ronaldo was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s last signing, with the Norwegian dismissed on Sunday morning after a 4-1 defeat to Watford.


The 36-year-old has been one of the few players that has performed well so far this term and he urged members of the squad to stick by Solskjaer in recent weeks.


But with Solskjaer gone, the players no longer have another figure to blame for their poor performances and the UK Telegraph reports Ronaldo is concerned by the lack of winning mentality at Old Trafford.


Ronaldo spent six years at Old Trafford during his first stint and he’s concerned about the drop in standards.


United’s defeat at Vicarage Road, means they have won just one of their last seven Premier League matches and they sit in the seventh position in the league table.


Michael Carrick is set to take charge for the crucial Champions League clash against Villarreal this week, where United can ill-afford to lose if they wish to qualify for the last-16. Dailypost

22:44

EPL: It was a pleasure – City’s Guardiola reacts to Ole Solskjaer’s sack




Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has said it was “a pleasure” to play against Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.


Solskjaer has been axed as Manchester United manager on Sunday, following a dismal 4-1 defeat at Watford.


The 48-year-old leaves after five defeats in seven Premier League fixtures.

Guardiola has expressed his sympathy with Solskjaer and admitted the Norwegian often got the better of him.


When pressed for his thoughts on the situation, Guardiola explained: “I wish him all the best. It was a pleasure to face him. He beat us more than I wanted.”

The City manager also noted the United job comes with pressure.

“He knows that when you are in charge of a team like United you have to win, otherwise you are in trouble.


“I am still sitting here because we won. Otherwise, it would be another person sitting here.” Dailypost

00:09

EPL: Man Utd finishing in second position is not an achievement – Ole Solskjaer




Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has insisted that finishing second in the Premier League is not an achievement.

The Red Devils have a strong grip on second spot with two fixtures left.
If United beat Fulham on Tuesday night, they would seal their runners-up spot.

It would be an improvement on last year’s third-placed finish under Solskjaer – the first time the club has secured successive top four finishes since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson.

But Solskjaer has refused to accept the idea that United finishing second would be an achievement for the club.

“For the last few years they have been taken by the same two teams and for us to go into them and divide them it’s good, it’s a good performance but we can’t say it’s an achievement, it’s not an achievement.

“We’ve taken steps as a team but we’re not where we want to be, we know we have some deficiencies as a group there’s parts of the game that we need to improve on but I’ve felt we’ve made strides in most places and I’ve been very pleased with the players and I’ve got to say I’ve been impressed by them but we want to take the next step as well,” he told a press conference on Monday. Dailypost
03:21

Europa League semi-final: Ole Solskjaer warns Man Utd about one Roma player




Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has said Edin Dzeko will pose the biggest threat when they face Roma in the Europa League semi-finals.

United confirmed their place in the last four thanks to a 4-0 aggregate win over Granada.

Roma await in the next round after the Italian side advanced with a 3-2 aggregate win over Ajax.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan is also in line to face his former side although Chris Smalling is likely to miss out through injury.

“I’ve not really seen too much of them. I know they’ve had two good games against Ajax where they defended well, as Italian teams always do.

“They are an experienced team and we all know Dzeko. Any ball in the box is a dangerous one.

“We are looking forward to it, we are in the semi now and it feels like a proper European tie.

“Roma is a club with loads of traditional and history but we have done well against Italian teams before,” Solskjaer told BT Sport. Dailypost
01:59

EPL: Ole Solskjaer refuses to sign player for Man United over haircut




Manchester United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed that he had turned down signing a football star for Manchester United because of the player’s haircut.

The Norwegian gaffer says he pays just as much attention to the player’s mentality, character and background.

Solskjaer said that he cut short the scouting mission on one of the players he wanted to sign for United because of the player’s Mohican hairstyle.

“I once went to see a player and as he walked out of the dressing room through the tunnel he had a Mohican (hairstyle),’ Solskjaer told Sky Sports.

“I said to my scout: ‘Nah let’s go home, not interested.’ That was a very short scouting trip.”

Solskjaer has signed over 20 players for Manchester United, including Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Bruno Fernandes, Donny van de Beek, Amad Diallo, Daniel James, Alex Telles, Odion Ighalo, Cavani, among others. Dailypost

19:44

Real Sociedad vs Man United: Ole Solskjaer gives fresh injury update on Pogba




Manchester United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has provided the latest injury update on midfielder, Paul Pogba, ahead of his side’s Europa League clash with Real Sociedad on Thursday night.

Pogba has not played for Man United since limping out of the 3-3 draw with Everton on February 6 with a thigh injury.

The France World Cup winner also missed last week’s FA Cup win over West Ham and Sunday’s draw with West Brom.

Providing an update on Pogba, Solskjaer said at his pre-match press conference that the former Juventus star would not return to action until March at the earliest.

“Paul is recovering well,” Solskjaer told reporters.

“He’s starting the treatment, but it will still be a few weeks. He won’t be playing in February, that’s for sure, it’s still a few weeks before we see Paul definitely.

“We won’t see him in February, that’s for sure.” Dailypost
00:02

Fulham vs Man Utd: Ole Solskjaer speaks on dropping Bruno Fernandes




Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has insisted he will not leave Bruno Fernandes out of his team.

Fernandes has started all but five of United’s 29 matches so far this season.

And Solskjaer maintains the Portugal midfielder is ready to play again when United travel to Fulham on Wednesday.

“He’s not tired, no, no chance. He is one of the players that runs and covers the ground in every single game.

“He’s very good at recovering and recharging his batteries. He’s not tired and if I ask him he’ll say there’s absolutely no chance that he’s tired,” Solskjaer told a news conference on Tuesday.

Solskjaer also revealed fans won’t have to wait too long for Amad Diallo to make his debut.

Diallo, 18, was signed from Atalanta in the summer, but only just arrived this January, after completing the paperwork on his £19 million move. Dailypost
22:07

Transfer News: Ole Solskjaer confirms first signing in January window



Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has confirmed the arrival of Amad Diallo from Atalanta.

Solskjaer has described Diallo as “one of the most exciting young prospects in the game”, after United finally completed the signing of the winger.

Both clubs agreed a £37 million deal on deadline day, but the 18-year-old remained with Serie A club until last week.

Diallo has now signed a four-and-a-half-year contract with United, with the option of a further season and is now waiting on a work permit.

“As a club, we have followed Amad for a number of years and having watched him myself, I believe he is one of the most exciting young prospects in the game,” Solskjaer told United’s official website.

“Manchester United has such a proud history of developing young players and everything is in place to enable Amad to reach his potential here.

“It will take time for him to adapt but his speed, vision and fantastic dribbling ability will stand him in good stead to make the transition.

“He is a player with all of the raw attributes that are needed to be an important player for Manchester United in the years to come.”

United have said they will confirm Diallo’s shirt number in the coming days. Dailypost
22:28

West Ham vs Man United: Why I benched Fernandes, Rashford for EPL clash – Ole Solskjaer




Manchester United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has explained why he benched Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford for the Red Devils’ Premier League clash with West Ham United on Saturday evening.

DAILY POST had earlier reported that Solskjaer dropped Fernandes and Rashford from his starting XI against West Ham.

Explaining his decision not to start Fernandes and Rashford, Solskjaer was quoted by Metro UK as saying: “With Marcus and Bruno, they are two important players for us.

“They have been kicked between pillar and post lately.

“Bruno’s foot has been sore since the Southampton game. The decision was easy to keep him out, hopefully, I don’t have to use him tonight.

“Rashford is fit enough to be on the bench. He said he’s ready if needed.”

He added, “It’s a strong team, we have selection headaches every time. Of course, they [the other players] get a chance to prove their worth and show what they can do.” Dailypost
03:32

EPL: Ole Solskjaer singles out one Man United player after 2-0 defeat to Liverpool


Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has singled out one of his players for praise after their 2-0 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday.



He praised the performance of midfielder Fred during the game, even though his side could not fulfill the promise of stopping Liverpool.


Read also : How Nigeria turned no 1 place foreign artistes want to visit

Solskjaer’s side struggled to make the most of their scoring chances at Anfield and Andreas Pereira and Anthony Martial squandered a couple of excellent opportunities.


There were, however, a few standout performers including Fred, who impressed with his attacking and defensive play on the day.

Fred won three tackles and made four interceptions in the defence and was also impressive in the attack with two key passes, three take-ons and three successful long balls, according to Whoscored.


The Brazilian was constantly on the move throughout the 90 minutes, displaying a high workrate.

Read also: Do you think Nigeria will soon become a one party state?

“He’s a top, top performer. All the supporters can see now why we believe in him,” Solskjaer told Man United official website.

“He covers every blade of grass on the pitch and wins challenges. Of course he is more confident on the ball.

“I’m very pleased with Fred.” Dailypost
Disclaimer
Most News articles reported on Qubes Magazine are a reflection of what is published in the media. Qubes Magazine is not in a position to verify the accuracy of daily news articles, however, we ensure that only news articles from credible sources are reflected in this service. Independent opinions which are mailed to us may also be published from time to time at our discretion, however the sources for these independent articles will be clearly stated.

Share your story with us: SMS: +2349067561649, Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Email: qubesentertainmentmagazine@yahoo.com
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Twitter: @qubesmagazine