Latest News

Advertisement

Showing posts with label Manchester United. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Manchester United. Show all posts
22:51

EPL: Manchester Utd suffer injury blow ahead of Leicester City clash




Manchester United will be left sweating over Raphael hhVarane’s fitness after he limped off against Spain on Sunday night during the UEFA Nations Cup final.


Varane appeared to pick up the knock after stretching to cut out a low cross from Gavi before halftime.


He immediately signalled towards the bench and was replaced by Dayot Upamecano.


United will be concerned over the extent of Varane’s injury, as he was seen sitting on the bench with ice strapped to his right quad.


The Red Devils face Leicester City next in the Premier League and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is already without Harry Maguire.


Solskjaer would probably call on Eric Bailly or Phil Jones to partner Victor Lindelof in the centre of defence.


Varane has only made seven appearances in all competitions for United since joining from Real Madrid in the summer. Dailypost


23:37

Deal close – Manchester United agree contract to sign £10million-a-year star




Manchester United were seriously looking to lure Jadon Sancho last year but the move collapsed because the Red Devils did not meet the high demands of Dortmund.

If the latest reports in the media are anything to go by then the Red Devils are now close to agreeing a deal with the German club to finally sign the Three Lions winger.

According to an exclusive story covered by The Sunday Mirror today (press image provided below), Man Utd have agreed terms of a contract with Sancho and now need to secure a fee with the Bundesliga side to get the signing done.

The Old Trafford outfit have been told that it would take a bid worth £81.5million to take the 21-year-old back to England.

The asking price last year was £108million last summer but due to financial concerns, the German side have to sell one of the star players and the renowned British outlet report that they are ready to sacrifice Sancho in order to keep Norwegian center forward Erling Braut Haaland.

The £10million-a-year star (BBC) has consistently played brilliantly for Dortmund since joining the club from Man City back in 2018. Last season, he started slowly but ended the campaign on a high note by helping his team earn Champions League qualification.

Moreover, in the DFB Pokal, he was, without doubt, the Player of the Competition. In 6 appearances, the young winger directly contributed in no fewer than 11 goals (6 goals and 5 assists) to help his side win the tournament. In the final against RB Leipzig, the 18-capped international scored a brace and provided an assist as BvB won 4-1 to lift the trophy.

This transfer saga has dragged on for a long time and it was absolutely frustrating for the United faithful last year. Let’s see if Man Utd will finally be able to get the deal over the line this summer. Thefaithfulmufc
22:07

Transfer News: Ole Solskjaer confirms first signing in January window



Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has confirmed the arrival of Amad Diallo from Atalanta.

Solskjaer has described Diallo as “one of the most exciting young prospects in the game”, after United finally completed the signing of the winger.

Both clubs agreed a £37 million deal on deadline day, but the 18-year-old remained with Serie A club until last week.

Diallo has now signed a four-and-a-half-year contract with United, with the option of a further season and is now waiting on a work permit.

“As a club, we have followed Amad for a number of years and having watched him myself, I believe he is one of the most exciting young prospects in the game,” Solskjaer told United’s official website.

“Manchester United has such a proud history of developing young players and everything is in place to enable Amad to reach his potential here.

“It will take time for him to adapt but his speed, vision and fantastic dribbling ability will stand him in good stead to make the transition.

“He is a player with all of the raw attributes that are needed to be an important player for Manchester United in the years to come.”

United have said they will confirm Diallo’s shirt number in the coming days. Dailypost
21:58

EPL: No player is bigger than Manchester United – Solskjaer tells Paul Pogba



Manchester United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has reminded French star, Paul Pogba, that no one is bigger than the club.

This is as the war of words between the manager and Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola rumbles on.

Solskjaer, who yesterday completed two years in charge of United, said, “I would just not stand for anyone thinking that he is bigger than Manchester United.

“No one is. Absolutely no one and Paul knows this. It is not only for Paul. It is for all of us.”

The controversial Raiola angered the United boss earlier in the month by claiming it was time Pogba left Old Trafford.

“Paul was here as a kid in the Under-18s. We signed him early on and he comes with the Manchester United DNA in him,” Solskjaer told a press conference ahead of United’s clash with Leeds.

“He knows what we are about. United is about being in a team and Paul has always been an ambitious boy who loves playing football.

“He trains well, he never refuses to train or play, he has a good attitude.

“In fact, I rarely speak to agents.

“I want players who can handle life as well. You can’t just go through agents.” Dailypost

03:18

Transfer: Manchester United in pole position to sign £25m midfielder ahead of Arsenal


Manchester United are in pole position to sign £25million Juventus midfielder, Adrien Rabiot ahead of Premier League rival, Arsenal.


According to The UK Sun, Juventus are keen to offer Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side with the opportunity to sign Rabiot ahead of the Gunners if the Red Devils could agree to allow midfielder, Paul Pogba leave Old Trafford to the Allianz in a player-plus-cash deal.

Read latest: How to solve transportation problems in Nigeria  

Rabiot, who was linked with a move to Man United last summer, has endured a tough time with Maurizio Sarri’s side so far this season since he joined the Serie A champions from Paris Saint-Germain last year.


Pogba has endured a frustrating season with a series of ankle injury concerns since last September.

The France World Cup winner is now expected to miss the next three to four weeks of actions.

Read also: How Nigeria fashion designers reduced importation in Nigeria  

The 26-year-old was again absent, as his side lost 2-0 to Arsenal on Wednesday, after complaining of what Man United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer described as “discomfort” in his ankle. Dailypost

Read Latest: What Social Media is doing to YOU!  
03:18

Pogba ‘more desperate than ever’ to leave Manchester United -Report findings

Paul Pogba has once again been presented as ‘more desperate than ever’ to leave Manchester United next year, according to a report.

The Frenchman admitted publicly over the summer that he was desperate for a “new challenge” elsewhere following a frustrating 2018-19 campaign at Old Trafford.

Real Madrid were reportedly interested in signing Pogba, but United refused to budge on their £160m valuation of the midfielder.

According to Neil Custis from The Sun, the 26-year-old has made his mind up about seeking a move away over the January transfer window.

Pogba’s contract expires in 2021, which means that he could leave for a cheaper price should he wait until next summer to launch a fresh push for the Bernabeu.

The report, which obviously contains more inside information on the Pogba camp than it would be possible for any media outlet to actually procure, states that Solskjaer convinced Pogba to stay over the summer by promising him a central role in the team (maybe true), only for the midfielder to grow exasperated at United’s start to the 2019-20 campaign and resolve to depart in January (probably not true).

What is true, however, is that Pogba will attract a strong bid from Madrid next summer, and you suspect that his head will be turned.(Thepeoplesperson)
02:18

EPL: Manchester United release statement after 2-0 defeat at West Ham


Manchester United have moved to assure supporters, that the club remain committed to “competing for trophies at the highest level”.

United, who lost 2-0 to West Ham on Sunday, won the last of their 20 league titles in 2013.
In the subsequent six seasons, the Red Devils have been criticised for the way they have balanced commercial success, with building a team capable of challenging for top honours.

But at a fans’ forum, United sought to address some of the supporter frustration, where they said the club is heading in the right direction.

A United statement read: “Everyone at the club, from the owners down, is focused on competing for and winning trophies at the highest level. To do that we have invested heavily in the playing squad and will continue to do so.

“At the same time, the exciting pool of talent coming through from our youth and academy sections is a result of increased investment in this area over the last five years. It’s important to note that while our successful commercial operation helps drive that investment, the priority is the focus on achieving success on the pitch.

“Similarly, it is worth noting that we are not looking at or buying players based on their commercial appeal. We agree that recruitment is critical. We are committed to getting this right and there has been huge investment in this area to put our recruitment department into a position to be able to deliver the manager the players he wants. This process is significantly more effective than four or five years ago.”(Dailypost)
09:43

Manchester United make €40million bid for Dembele


Manchester United have made an offer in excess of €40million for Lyon striker, Moussa Dembele, Goal reports.

Dembele enjoyed a productive first season with the Ligue 1 side, scoring 23 goals in all competitions, since his move from Celtic.

United have been following the player since his youth days at Paris Saint-Germain, with club ambassador Eric Cantona having endorsed the move for his fellow Frenchman.

Dembele is contracted to Lyon until 2021, meaning the Ligue 1 side who secured Champions League football for next season, are in a strong position in negotiations.

It remains to be seen how attracted the 22-year-old is to a move to Old Trafford, with Europa League football on offer.
19:45

Sports: Di Maria risks a UCL match ban after yelling F**k off to Manchester United’s fans

Di Maria risks a UCL match ban after yelling F**k off to Manchester United’s fans
Paris Saint-Germain winger, Angel Di Maria, could miss the return leg of their Champions League round of 16 clash against Manchester United, should UEFA’s decision prove his breach of the rules that governs the game.
Di Maria is risking a one-match suspension under UEFA Article 15, after “provoking supporters” last night, RMC reports.
The Argentine appeared to shout “f**k off” at United fans, moments after PSG took the lead at Old Trafford on Tuesday.
Di Maria, who used to play for the Red Devils, received some mild jeering from his former fans on the night and decided to respond after Presnel Kimpembe opened the scoring.
The 30-year-old set up both goals, as the Ligue 1 champions took a 2-0 lead ahead of the second leg on March 6.
Disclaimer
Most News articles reported on Qubes Magazine are a reflection of what is published in the media. Qubes Magazine is not in a position to verify the accuracy of daily news articles, however, we ensure that only news articles from credible sources are reflected in this service. Independent opinions which are mailed to us may also be published from time to time at our discretion, however the sources for these independent articles will be clearly stated.

Share your story with us: SMS: +2349067561649, Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Email: qubesentertainmentmagazine@yahoo.com
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Twitter: @qubesmagazine